Countryside holiday at Mihaela Lake Retreat in Eastern Rhodopes Bulgaria
General description: Mihaela Lake Retreat is a two floors house which was renovated in 2012 by the present owner. The living room/dining room, equipped kitchen and shared toilet/bathroom are on the first floor. The three bedrooms (one with twin beds, one triple room and one room with four twin beds) are on the second floor. The outside yard has a green area, orchard, and big veranda with lake view. The wooden shelter with eating place and barbecue is behind the house.
Mihaela Lake Retreat is a perfect place for nature lovers, bird watchers and active holidays. The lake Studen kladenets gives you an excellent opportunity to enjoy kayaking tours, boat tours and wetlands bird watching. The archaeological site of Perperikon is only 10 km away. Great nature area Yumruk kaya is located only 800 m from the house where one can observe the Griffon vulture, Black stork, Raven, and Golden eagle. Studen kladenets reserve is at the other side of the lake where you can go by motor boat (10 min on water) and spend one day in the wild nature to watch deer, fox, wolf, bison, turtle, etc. Other bird watching spots like Madzharovo, Dolna Kula, the wall of Studen kladenets lake are some 30 km from the house. Surrounding hills are great for mountain biking.
- Location: Wonderful countryside holiday in a quiet and peaceful village of Gnyazdovo at the bank of Studen kladenets lake.
- Accommodation: Guest house in a village, 800m from the bank of Studen kladenets lake, three guest rooms, one shared toilet/bathroom, locally produced food, traditional cooking.
- Period: All year round, best time for a village holiday in Bulgarian Eastern Rhodopes mountains – April to October.
- Tour type: From one night stay to one week rental
- Location: Gnyazdovo village is 20 km east of the city of Kardzhali and 40 km south of the city of Haskovo, South Bulgaria.
- Nearest airport: Plovdiv Airport (Ryanair) at 110 km.
- Nearest train: Train station in Kardzhali.
- Nearest bus: Bus station in Kardzhali.
- Nearest highway : Haskovo (E80, А4) at 50 km.
- Nearest beach: Myrodato, Eagean sea, Greece at 160 km.
- Car: Necessary. Book a rent-a-car
- Description of the accommodation: Bed'n'breakfast rural house.
- Type of breakfast: Traditional with home cooked pastry, cake, seasonal fresh fruits, farm yogurt, milk and butter.
- Kitchen/Living room: Sofa bed, armchairs, eating table with chairs, TV.
- Bathrooms: Douche, hot water, terracotta.
- Bedrooms: Wooden beds and furniture, bed linen & towels included.
- Outside: Green yard, wooden shelter with table and chairs, summer barbecue, veranda, panorama view.
- Activities in the area: Nature, Bird watching, Kayaking, Boat tour, Mountain biking, Wildlife watching & photography, Sightseeing.
Rental rates for this country house in Gnyazdovo, Kardzhali area, Eastern Rhodopes
Period of the countryside holiday
- All year round
- Easter, Christmas and New year's eve
- The weekly price is for 2 persons and includes:
Price per week / 7 nights
- 285 euro
- 325 euro
- Bed & breakfast, dinner, bed linen, towels, laundry