Transfer from the Airport Sofia / Plovdiv to the Western Rhodopes where you will meat your guide to discuss the next three days program.
Day 2 to 4
Be prepared for a wild experience. Days 2 to 4 will be devoted to peregrination in the brown bear's territories. We will cross the bear's paths, and definately will see many bear footprints. There will be a chance to visit the bear's lair. It is recommended you take sleeping bags, because we will spend at least one night (maybe all) in a hide waiting for the bear to show up. During the tour other mammals like Balkan chamois, wolf, red deer, roe deer, wild boar, badger, and wild cat could be observed. Exploring the area also for Wood Grouse (Capercaillie), Black Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, White-backed woodpecker, Hazel Grouse, Golden Eagle, Nutcracker, etc.
Departure to Sofia for the return flight.
- Transport by car, or minivan from Sofia and back
- Local transport specialized for the mountain terrain
- 4 overnights FB at a guest house 2*
- The hides are underground, stone built and oak-panelled. There are chairs, wooden beds, night watching tube, and a toilet inside.
- English speaking guide/driver
- Local specialist for Brown bear, Balkan Chamois, and other mammals viewing, as well as for Capercaillie observations.